Thursday, July 2, 2015

Upon Arriving in America


When our plane landed on the Kennedy International airport, I looked outside the window, I realized I was now really  in the Untied Stated of America--the most powerful country in the world. Before I could have a moment to feel excited and thrilled, I had to go through the Custom, the lines were smooth and the officers at the Custom desk were really friendly.
I came to America along with several of my colleagues, so we hired a shuttle service to drive us to New Haven from the airport. The driver were already outside waiting for us, he helped us to put the luggages on the minibus and drove on.
After around two hours' driving, we arrived at New Haven. All of us felt rather excited, we are going to spent 6 weeks here. We were not sure whether we could adapt to the living here.



Since students were not supposed to check in to housing at Yale until the next day, those of us who had chosen to live on campus had to spend the first night in America at our colleague's rented apartment.



        The place our colleague had rented is 10-minute-walk from the campus, it is very beautiful, and also very quiet. We had very good sleep there.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome and I hope you enjoy yourself thoroughly while you are here. Your colleagues apartment is indeed handsome! Do you suppose they would invite us all to visit?

    ReplyDelete